The AVP, Actuary is responsible for the implementation of actuarial techniques and analysis, including reserving, rating, pricing, and planning/forecasting while ensuring data quality and integrity. This role will collaborate with business partners and leadership to execute strategic and operational initiatives and provide analytical insights and recommendations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the pricing of complex accounts, experience-rated accounts, and assumed reinsurance programs
- Monitor, compile, and report on loss reserves, loss development, and rate adequacy across products and geographies
- Perform risk modeling and profitability analysis for both primary coverage and reinsurance
- Support the CFO with regards to financial matters, forecasting, and strategy
- Interact frequently with leadership as a subject matter expert on actuarial models and risk issues
- Present financial and actuarial analyses to the Executive team and Board of Directors
- Actively seek to improve existing processes, tools, and reporting, with a focus on creating efficiency and exploring new relevant technologies (i.e., predictive analytics within pricing and risk modeling)
- Represent the company to regulators and AM Best
- Perform other duties and/or responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or a related field
- ACAS or FCAS designation strongly preferred
- 7+ years of actuarial experience in medical and hospital professional liability
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence, and articulate complicated information in an understandable manner to a non-technical audience
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve complex problems in a timely fashion
- Capable of balancing multiple concurrent, high-priority projects within time constraints allowed
- Able to work independently and prioritize daily work priorities while bringing projects to a conclusion on time.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to provide concise reports, referrals, and summaries to the leadership team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present effectively to large or small groups.
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office
- Excellent planning, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary range for this position is $165,700 to $265,000. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 20%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.
OUR PURPOSE To protect, defend, and support our Members.
People-First - we treat everyone with respect and empathy.
Expertise - we strive to be the best at what we do.
Commitment - as a mutual company, we are accountable and dedicated to our Members and to each other.