Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company is dedicated to protecting, defending, and supporting our Members. As a national boutique mutual insurance company, we passionately serve all our Members and partners with our suite of medical professional liability offerings. We help them overcome obstacles with a team providing underwriting, risk-management, claims, and stop-loss expertise—backed by strong financials and all supported by exceptional, personalized service. In every communication, every expert opinion, every risk assessment, and every claim, all our Members experience the positive impact of our mission on their professional lives. And with over 8,500 Members and growing, this experience is in evidence all over the nation.
The Associate Underwriter is primarily responsible for providing policy services, including preparing policy endorsements, premium calculations and quotes, renewals, and reviewing new business applications. This position works with varying departments throughout the company, including interacting with members, potential members, and insurance agents and brokers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects, reviews, and enters information into the system to provide quotes to Underwriting team members for new business, endorsements, renewals, cancellations and reinstatements.
- Prepares correspondence on information and policy interpretation for insureds, insurance agents and brokers.
- Communicates with physicians, clinic managers, state medical association staff, hospital personnel and administrators, insurance brokers and agents.
- Reviews and approves new business within authority levels.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional office or customer service experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office and other systems
- Excellent planning and organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary range for this position is $56,900 to $84,800. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 5%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.
To protect, defend, and support our Members.
People-First - we treat everyone with respect and empathy.
Expertise - we strive to be the best at what we do.
Commitment - as a mutual company, we are accountable and dedicated to our Members and to each other.