The Corporate Attorney is primarily responsible for partnering with the General Counsel to plan strategies for solving and providing legal advice to management on various legal and business matters.
This position will work closely with functional business units, other departments, and external stakeholders, ensuring the organization’s adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Provides legal advice and counsel to management, including direct interaction with senior executives.
- Reviews and drafts documents, agreements, contracts and other materials requiring specific legal expertise.
- Reviews and analyzes enacted and proposed state and federal laws and regulations that affect the Company and advises on the implications.
- Works on special projects assigned by the General Counsel that normally involve research and recommendations on matters having Company-wide significance.
- Interacts with Member policyholders, employees, agents, agencies, vendors and other business contacts as necessary.
- Represents the Company, or selects and supervises outside counsel in the representation of the Company, in contested matters arising in courts, administrative agencies and before regulatory bodies across the U.S. (e.g. OIC complaints, market conduct/financial audit/exam)Provide support with Board governance activities.
- Supports strategic transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and other business models.
- Assists management in developing operational strategies and solutions relating to corporate operations.
- Develops and maintains professional contacts with other companies' legal departments and with members of local, state and national bar groups.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Juris Doctor degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Minimum four year’s of broad legal experience in either a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Experience with healthcare and/or insurance issues preferred, including familiarity with HIPAA. Litigation and/or regulatory experience is a plus.
- Licensed to practice law in State of Washington.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office and other systems.
- Excellent planning and organization, time management and prioritization skills.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.
The salary range for this position is $125,600 to $200,300. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 15%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.