Business Systems Analyst
Physicians Insurance A Mutual Company has been providing professional liability solutions to physicians, physician groups, and hospitals for more than four decades and is the largest insurer of physicians and rural critical-access hospitals in the Pacific Northwest. The company also provides excess, reinsurance, provider excess, health plan reinsurance, and employer medical stop-loss solutions. Insurance offerings are paired with risk management, claims, litigation peer support, and legal defense services which embody the company’s commitment to providing the strongest possible protection for policyholders and rigorously defending the practice of quality medicine. Through MedChoice, a risk retention group, Physicians Insurance is expanding its offerings strategically nationwide. Both Physicians Insurance and MedChoice are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining one or more functional department’s process and system needs and then translating that into the specifications, design, and configuration for new and/or modified systems.
Working in a dynamic team/project environment, this position analyzes business requirements, develops high-quality solutions, configures vendor-supplied software, develops ad-hoc queries/reports, and provides high-quality service and support.
- Act as the primary liaison between one or more functional departments/projects and IT (both internal IT as well as external systems vendors).
- Conduct analysis of complex business processes and system requirements.
- Design, test, and develop reports, data dashboards, and ad-hoc queries as requested
- Administer core application systems by making necessary configuration or business rule changes.
- Lead testing of all new system features and enhancements to existing systems.
- Develop and perform in-depth testing of these systems and resolve testing issues.
- Provide end-user training and user support troubleshooting for one or more functional departments, as necessary.
- Create and maintain necessary requirements, design, specification, knowledgebase, and related documentation.
- Lead development of various workflow programs (scripts, SQL queries, etc.).
- Provide technical direction and address inquiries from internal/external customers.
- Associates degree in Information Systems, Business, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years of experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, or administration of business processing systems, preferably in the insurance, healthcare, or financial services industry
- Experience with data reporting tools is desirable. Experience with SAP/Business Objects WebIntelligence report tool is highly desirable.
- Experience with project management skills and concepts desired.
- Experience with workflow and document management and related systems is strongly preferred
- Technical skills and experience in office computer software (Windows, Word, Excel, etc.) are required. Additional knowledge or experience in the following is desirable:
- Relational databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment. Must be able to interact with others at all levels within and outside the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
To apply for this position at Physicians Insurance, please send us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary range for this position is $85,800 to $128,600. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 8%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.
OUR PURPOSE: To protect, defend, and support our Members.
People-First - we treat everyone with respect and empathy.
Expertise - we strive to be the best at what we do.
Commitment - as a mutual company, we are accountable and dedicated to our Members and to each other.