The Associate Accountant is primarily responsible for performing operational day-to-day accounts receivable activities of the Finance Department, and for designated back up, project, and relief duties to the Accounting Manager.
- Perform accounts receivable functions which include billing, refunds, aging, customer support, and premium write-offs and adjustments.
- Provide external customer service to insureds on billing and payment related questions during regular business hours.
- Provide internal customer service to Underwriting, Operations, Claims and Stop Loss departments.
- Participate in data collection and analysis of process improvement opportunities related to accounts receivable, billing, and customer service
- Assist in carrying out accounting projects related to accounts receivable and billing
- Cross-train in other operational duties and/or responsibilities to provide back-up coverage in the Finance Department as needed
- Assist in preparing journal entries
- Insurance ERP system reconciliation to GL Balance Sheet accounts
- Perform other duties and/or responsibilities as required
- BA in Accounting or Business, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting with 1 year in accounts receivable
- Accounting software experience (MS Dynamics ERP preferred)
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Advanced Excel skills strongly preferred (Pivot tables, XLOOKUP, formulas, text functions, MS Query, and manipulating ERP exported data sets)
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and detail-oriented skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills