Senior Claims Representative
This Senior Claims Representative is responsible for national medical malpractice claim services. This includes performing claims investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement; retaining and coordinating work of defense attorneys and expert witnesses; representing Experix and Physicians Insurance clients; and maintaining claims-related relationships with physicians, other insurance companies, and other organizations. This position will include claims handling on behalf of Physicians Insurance in WA, OR, ID, AK, and WY as well as handling claims nationwide on behalf of Experix.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Opening claims, strategizing, and developing investigation priorities and schedules while initiating and maintaining communications with physicians, administrators, attorneys, expert witnesses, and other insurance companies.
- Coordinating and performing claim investigations, negotiations, legal defense, and settlement activities. This includes handling incident reporting, reserving, research, and evaluation.
- Presenting claim investigations at Claims Committee meetings.
- Planning and implementing defense and litigation strategies. This includes pre-trial and trial preparations and attending meetings, depositions, and mediations via videoconferencing or in person as determined by location, needs of account, and/or Court requirements.
- Analyzing claims, defense counsel, settlements, and other results.
- Facilitating and developing relationships with defense counsel, consulting physicians, expert witnesses, co-defendants, other insurance companies, and legal defense specialists.
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- State adjuster licensure
- Five plus years of professional medical liability claims experience with a history of increasing claims responsibility and authority
- Excellent analytical and detail-oriented skills
- Excellent investigation, research, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policies and coverages
- Strong commitment to customer service, quality, and working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to present effectively to large or small groups.
- Demonstrated technical ability to work with Microsoft Office, ShareFile and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to travel in person as determined by location, needs of account, and/or Court requirements.
The salary range for this position is $94,800 to $152,300. Starting salary is determined by several factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. This position is also eligible for an annual company bonus at an incentive target level of 10%.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including a generous retirement program and Paid Time Off. Please visit www.phyins.com/careers for detailed benefit descriptions.
At Physicians Insurance, you’ll find an exceptional hybrid work environment, and the opportunity to work for an industry leader whose programs have a positive impact on insurance and healthcare.