Transforming Health Care through Patient Engagement
Studies show that half the patients who leave their primary care visits don’t understand what their doctor told them. And the average adherence rates for prescribed medications are about 50%; for lifestyle changes, they’re less than 10%.
Improve your ability to communicate, listen, and affect your patients’ lives. Learn the fundamentals of behavior change and how to bring out the best in your patients. Coaching skills help you increase trust, provide better quality care, improve patient compliance, and reduce risk.
This is an interactive, 2½–day seminar, offering 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 creditsTM, designed to introduce health care professionals to the spirit and practice of coaching. The training merges evidence-based behavior change methods with simple, yet powerful tools to help patients overcome ambivalence and take ownership of their well-being.
At course conclusion, participants will be able to:
- Display mindfulness while demonstrating the five Core Coaching Skills for patient interaction
- Classify a patient’s stage of change according to the Transtheoretical Model
- Use Appreciative Inquiry to discover what motivatesyour patients to change
- Navigate ambivalence using the skills of MotivationalInterviewing
- Develop methods to manage progress and accountability to support a patient’s desired outcome
Developed by Vera University, a division of Vera Whole Health, The Coach Approach is offered in partnership with Experix, a wholly owned subsidiary of Physicians Insurance that provides continuing medical education and comprehensive risk management content.
Who Should Enroll
Physicians involved in direct patient care with a desire to:
- Improve the quality of patient care and satisfaction
- Increase patient compliance and outcomes
- Create dynamic provider/patient relationships that inspire and motivate change
- Connect more meaningfully with patients, coworkers and peers
Upcoming 2014 Seattle Sessions
- July 28-30
- September 8-10
- November 6-8
This CME is included with a Physicians Insurance policy. Nonmembers can enroll for $995.
How to Enroll
To register and get full course details, dates, and accreditation information, call (800) 962-1399 or visit www.phyins.com/liveCME to locate the course registration pages.